|Full name||Christopher Charles Chamberlain|
|“||Nothing lasts for "Always and Forever". Right?.||”|
— Christopher Chamberlain
Christopher Chamberlain is one of the world's most powerful Witches in history. He is a major recurring character of The Chamberlain Chronicles
Christopher is the son of unnamed parents, the older twin brother of Thomas Chamberlain, younger brother of Alexander Chamberlain and the step-father of Elizabeth-Rose Chamberlain, the mother being a werewolf and his wife, Riley Marshall.
Christopheris a member of the Chamberlain Family, Anaheim Witch Coven and connected to the Marshall Family via his step-daughter.
Described by Thomas as the most powerful witch he has ever seen, Chris first gained his enhanced powers by linking his magic to the magic possessed by his then five-year-old niece Elizabeth.
Chris's understanding of magic after so many years of study is extensive enough that he was able to create his own form of connective magic in the 10th century. He also had the ability to sense the magic of other witches, especially those of the first-born children of his and his brother Thomas's bloodline, as the first-born witches of their lineage possess devastating amounts of power.
Christopher was born in Norway at some point in the 10th century. He was the first-born twin of Chazarrae Chamberlain (The First Witch) and the older twin brother of Thomas and the younger brother of Alexander. They all belonged to a long and powerful bloodline of witches whose first-born children are well-known to possess even greater magical strength, and because of this, Chris and Thomas were presumably taught the craft from a young age.
Chris devoted himself to the mystical arts (unlike his brother Thomas, who felt insecure in his abilities in comparison to his prodigious brother and as a result did not take his practice of witchcraft as seriously), and Chris grew to become a immensly skilled and powerful witch.
After the birth of his niece,
It had been suggested by Thomas/Christopher himself and later confirmed in flashbacks that he was much kinder and caring in his youth.
In present day Christopher is very serious and protective of his loved ones, although he does have soft-spot for his niece. Sometimes he can be very sarcastic, and he takes magic very seriously. He became very dark when the witches took his niece from his brother in payment of past actions.
Based on Riley's words, he seems to share some traits of personality with his brother Thomas, and Christopher himself even claimed that he and Thomas shared the same plight after they were both abused and oppressed in their youth by those who sought to control them. He had also shown similarities as they both believe that true power comes from family; however, they each have very different perspectives on how that power should be used.
After his niece's birth, Chris grew very bitter and cruel vowing to destroy those who would ever stand against him, vowing to always protect and watch over his niece. Shown when The Hollow then possessed her, Chris did everything in his power to save his niece.
Christopher is very handsome. He stands at 6'0. Chris possess White-Blonde hair, and he has a very devilish smile. In the present day, he has shown a fondness for the color black, as a majority of his clothes are in this color.
Powers and Abilities
Chris is susceptible to the forces of witchcraft. Like all creatures, Chris can be undone by powerful magic, however it would require power equivalent to Chris's (or greater) to defeat him.
- "Now we have fought together for centuries and once again to break your enemy you broke, your family."
- —Chris to Thomas
Unfortunately, their relationship becomes worse than ever, when Chris daggered Thomas and allowed Riley to try and take Elizabeth away from him, in retaliation Thomas kills his girlfriend, and daggered him, their relationship becomes estranged/broken after this, as they both want nothing to do with each other any more.
- "We've all done bad things. It's just, most people die before the list gets embarrassing. But, don't for a second compare yourself to Thomas."
- —Riley to Chris
- "It was more than a fantasy - it was our hope. It was our family's last hope, and now she's gone."
- —Chris about losing Elizabeth
Attitude Towards Humans
Chris respects human life. He is shown to be generally gentle, kind, caring and considerate with humans, the opposite of his brother Thomas, who is shown to have little to no regard for human life.
- The name Christopher is from the Late Greek name Χριστοφορος (Christophoros) meaning "bearing CHRIST", derived from Χριστος (Christos) combined with φερω (phero)"to bear, to carry". Early Christians used it as a metaphorical name, expressing that they carried Christ in their hearts. In the Middle Ages, literal interpretations of the name's etymology led to legends about a Saint Christopher who carried the young Jesus across a river. He has come to be regarded as the patron saint of travellers.
- In Greek the meaning of the name Chris is: From the Greek word meaning 'carrier of Christ', Famous bearer: St Christopher, patron Saint of travellers, is believed to have carried the Christ-child across a river.
- The last name Chamberlain is of Old French origin, and is an occupational name for a chamberlain, that is an official in charge of the private chambers of his master; the term was later a title of high rank. The derivation of this name is from the Old French and Anglo-Norman French "c(h)ambrelain, cambrelane, cambrelen(c)", chamberlain. The Italian cognate "camerlengo" was given to a manager of a pontifical court.
|Christopher Chamberlain has a photo gallery.|